The Democratic People's Union of Cworaliya is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by People's Chamber with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, national health service, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 9.89 billion Cworaliyans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Education, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Terastios City. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The large but underdeveloped Cworaliyan economy, worth 562 trillion Cworaliyan lire a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 56,866 Cworaliyan lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and almost half of the child population live rough on the streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cworaliya's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Cworaliyan Orthodox State Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cworaliya was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Cworaliya was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot.
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Cworaliya, most citizens in Cworaliya are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.