The Republic of CSS is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 7.873 billion CSSians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government prioritizes Industry, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CSS City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient CSSian economy, worth a remarkable 2,413 trillion Reais a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 306,547 Reais, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,709,001 per year while the poor average 27,452, a ratio of 62.3 to 1.
Euthanasia is legal, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem. CSS's national animal is the Box Model, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 5 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 8 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: CSS fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Armed.
- 10 days ago: CSS fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 14 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 14 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 19 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 23 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 29 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 1%).
- 34 days ago: CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.