The Republic of CSS is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, zero percent divorce rate, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 8.445 billion CSSians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government prioritizes Industry, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cascade Sity Structure. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient CSSian economy, worth a remarkable 2,588 trillion Reais a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 306,547 Reais, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,709,001 per year while the poor average 27,452, a ratio of 62.3 to 1.
Euthanasia is legal, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem. CSS's national animal is the Box Model, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : CSS changed its national capital to "Cascade Sity Structure" and its faith to "a major religion".
- : CSS altered its national flag.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 1%).