The Republic of CSS is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Leader with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, keen interest in outer space, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 10.45 billion CSSians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cascade Sity Structure. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient CSSian economy, worth a remarkable 3,331 trillion Reais a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 318,790 Reais, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,766,218 per year while the poor average 28,944, a ratio of 61.0 to 1.
Euthanasia is legal, scenic tours are unheard of after most environmental laws were abolished, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and 1% of global paper production is bound for the National Archive. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem. CSS's national animal is the Box Model, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary, Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector, and Largest Governments.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry, Largest Manufacturing Sector, Most Efficient Economies, Largest Soda Pop Sector, and Highest Average Incomes.
- : CSS was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).