|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Socially Democratic State of Crystia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Sameh Ranim Mansour with a fair hand, and notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.352 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cryvata. The average income tax rate is 97%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, surveillance cameras are banned, almost all of Crystia's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices, and extreme political groups are outlawed. Crime is totally unknown. Crystia's national animal is the Dodo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Cryoney.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Crystia was refounded.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Crystia ceased to exist.
- 5 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 8 days ago: Crystia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 21 days ago: Crystia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).