The Imperial Federation of Crontor is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by President Cranico with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.018 billion Crontorians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vienna. The average income tax rate is 76.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Crontorian economy, worth a remarkable 2,704 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 245,468 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Teenagers haven't been seen outdoors since the nation reconnected to the Internet, waste is frequently shipped to other countries, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Crontor's national animal is the Octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Cronism.
Crontor is ranked 3rd in Sondria and 3,013th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 588 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Crontor lodged a message on the Sondria Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Crontor was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 6 days ago: Crontor lodged a message on the Sondria Regional Message Board.
- 16 days ago: Crontor was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Crontor fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 22 days ago: Crontor was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Crontor, military spending is on the increase.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Crontor, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Crontor, waste is frequently shipped to other countries.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Crontor, teenagers haven't been seen outdoors since the nation reconnected to the Internet.
Endorsements Received: None.