The Empire of Crimmond is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Empress Mobuto with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 22 billion Crimm are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skye. The average income tax rate is 3.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Crimm economy, worth a remarkable 4,014 trillion Crimmars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 182,469 Crimmars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, abortions are routinely performed in Crimmond's hospitals, and the government is cracking down on subversive groups. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Crimmond's national animal is the gray wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Crimmond fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 23 hours ago: Crimmond was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Crimmond, the government is cracking down on subversive groups.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Crimmond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Historia Novorum".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Crimmond lodged a message on the Gholgoth Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Crimmond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 5 days ago: Crimmond fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Crimmond, abortions are routinely performed in Crimmond's hospitals.
- 5 days ago: Crimmond voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Crimmond, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
Endorsements Received: None.