The Tholian Assembly of Cpsu is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Steven Ivannov with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, humorless population of 8.543 billion Cseepians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vladivostok. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The strong Tholian economy, worth 740 trillion Energy Credits a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 86,731 Energy Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways, Vladivostok spends billions upgrading public transport, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cpsu's national animal is the Tholian, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 4 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 12 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 13 days ago: Cpsu was endorsed by The Union of Free States of America.
- 15 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 16 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 18 days ago: Cpsu fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 29 days ago: Cpsu was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Free States of America.