The Tholian Assembly of Cpsu is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Steven Ivannov with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 9.342 billion Cseepians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vladivostok. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The sizeable but stagnant Tholian economy, worth 75.2 trillion Energy Credits a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,049 Energy Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cpsu's national animal is the Tribble, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cpsu was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Cpsu, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- : Cpsu was endorsed by The Colony of Pletamian Territories.
- : Cpsu was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Zealands.
- : Cpsu endorsed The Colony of Pletamian Territories.
- : Following new legislation in Cpsu, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Cpsu, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.
- : Cpsu lodged a message on the The Allied States Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Cpsu, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Cpsu, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.