The Swiss Cheese Confederacy of Cowland5 is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King William IV with a fair hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 15.931 billion Cowlandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cowtopolis. The average income tax rate is 45.5%.
The thriving Cowlandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,089 trillion francs a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 131,148 francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, Cowland5 is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime is totally unknown. Cowland5's national animal is the cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cowland5 endorsed Solsttheim.
- : Cowland5 endorsed The Royal City-State of Guelphia.
- : Cowland5 endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Lardon Atya.
- : Cowland5's influence in Canada fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Cowland5's influence in Canada rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Cowland5 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Cowland5 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Cowland5 was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Lardon Atya.
- : Cowland5 fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Cowland5 was endorsed by Solsttheim.
Endorsements Received: 17 » SLAM-ER, Ambrok, Kiljarit, Parkplace, Almonaster Nuevo, Mojaguay, Omnivorous, Devil Heart, Higsantium, Laughterandsunshine, Wild Mustanges, Rhuztovkia, Stormaen, New Vinland, Lutsen, Guelphia, and Lardon Atya.