“In The Interest of Better Government”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Great Max State of Covenancy is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Covenancy with an iron fist, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, cynical population of 19.934 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Commerce and Education are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Covenancy Park. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Retail.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, all new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Covenancy's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Covenancy, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 5 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 15 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Covenancy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 32 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 38 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 43 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 43 days ago: Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.