The Queen's State of Covenancy is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the Governor with an iron fist, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, cynical population of 25.454 billion Covenancyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 85.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Covenancyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,898 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 74,574 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Covenancy's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 10%).
- : Covenancy was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Covenancy's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Covenancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Covenancy was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Queen's State of Manitoulin dismissed Covenancy as Diplomatic Affairs for Doug of Ancient Lands.
- : The Queen's State of Manitoulin renamed the office held by Covenancy from "Diplomatic Affairs for Rae" to "Diplomatic Affairs for Doug" in Ancient Lands.
- : The Queen's State of Manitoulin appointed Covenancy as Diplomatic Affairs for Rae with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Ancient Lands.