The Republic of Cotdelapoms is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Jarvis Coquerique with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 9.264 billion Cotdelapomsians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The large, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albionpool. The average income tax rate is 72.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Cotdelapomsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,072 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 115,750 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is well under control. Cotdelapoms's national animal is the Ours Polaire, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 16 days ago: Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 26 days ago: Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 38 days ago: Cotdelapoms fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 39 days ago: Cotdelapoms fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 39 days ago: Cotdelapoms fell out of the regional #1 spot for Most Influential.
- 48 days ago: Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 51 days ago: Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 59 days ago: Cotdelapoms fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.