The Republic of Cotdelapoms is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jarvis Coquerique with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.72 billion Cotdelapomsians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albionpool. The average income tax rate is 72.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Cotdelapomsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,349 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 115,160 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, Cotdelapoms's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime is well under control. Cotdelapoms's national animal is the Ours Polaire, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Cotdelapoms lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- : Cotdelapoms altered its national flag.
- : Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".