The Republic of Cotdelapoms is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jarvis Coquerique with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.535 billion Cotdelapomsians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The large, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Albionpool. The average income tax rate is 72.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Cotdelapomsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,328 trillion Dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 115,160 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, Cotdelapoms's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and billions are being spent on a new island airport. Crime is well under control. Cotdelapoms's national animal is the Ours Polaire, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Cotdelapoms's influence in Rushmore rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Cotdelapoms relocated from Lazarus to Rushmore.
- : Cotdelapoms was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Cotdelapoms ceased to exist.
- : Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Cotdelapoms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.