“Unity, Understanding, Compassion”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Principality of Costa Celestia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Her Royal Highness Queen Cassiopiea with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.869 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prucan City. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown. Costa Celestia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Wicca, and its currency is the Celestian Drachma.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 13 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Republic of Publius Valerius.
- 25 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The New Vizier of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- 26 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The ✌ Free Island ✌ of Weed.
- 27 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 29 days ago: Costa Celestia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 31 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The East Pacific Delegate of Bachtendekuppen.
- 45 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 45 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Big Damn Hero of British Grand Pacific.
- 66 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).