The Principality of Costa Celestia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Her Royal Highness Queen Cassiopiea with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.077 billion Costa Celestians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prucan City. The average income tax rate is 89.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Costa Celestian economy, worth 475 trillion Celestian Drachmas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 52,398 Celestian Drachmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Celestia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Wicca.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 6 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Dalimbar East Pacific State of Drinnon.
- 13 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 17 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 28 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Vizier Puffin of Bachtendekuppen.
- 38 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 48 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Costa Celestia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.