The Principality of Costa Celestia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Her Royal Highness Queen Cassiopiea with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.32 billion Costa Celestians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prucan City. The average income tax rate is 89.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Costa Celestian economy, worth 344 trillion Celestian Drachmas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 36,919 Celestian Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Celestia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Wicca.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 4 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 days ago: Costa Celestia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 8 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 8 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 18 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Network Protector of Au-ra.
- 22 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 46 days ago: Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Paradox of Drinnon.
- 53 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 57 days ago: Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 60 days ago: Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.