The Principality of Costa Celestia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Her Royal Highness Queen Cassiopiea with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.672 billion Costa Celestians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prucan City. The average income tax rate is 89.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Costa Celestian economy, worth 371 trillion Celestian Drachmas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,423 Celestian Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Celestia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Wicca.
Costa Celestia is ranked 1,775th in The East Pacific and 58,211th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 69 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Costa Celestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Empire of Reui.