The Principality of Costa Celestia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Her Royal Highness Queen Cassiopiea with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.516 billion Costa Celestians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prucan City. The average income tax rate is 89.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Costa Celestian economy, worth 366 trillion Celestian Drachmas a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 38,478 Celestian Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Costa Celestia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Wicca.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Costa Celestia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Costa Celestia was endorsed by The Empire of Reui.
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Costa Celestia fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Costa Celestia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).