The Insert Witty Pretitle Here of Cormac Stark is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cormac Stark with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.418 billion Cormonkeys enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cormacville. The average income tax rate is 93.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Cormonkey economy, worth 425 trillion crucicrescents a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 66,332 crucicrescents, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cormac Stark's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Cormac Stark relocated from The Rejected Realms to Equilism.
- 7 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 7 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Cormac Stark resigned from the World Assembly.
- 8 days ago: Cormac Stark endorsed The Peores of --Camila--.
- 8 days ago: Cormac Stark endorsed The Final Fit of Zyonn.
- 8 days ago: Cormac Stark changed its national nation type to "Insert Witty Pretitle Here".