“Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Equilism Senator of Cormac Stark is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cormac Somerset-Holland with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.126 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Awesomesauce. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
People can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks, a government program is underway to revitalize Cormac Stark's beaches, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown. Cormac Stark's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the crucicrescent.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 9 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 12 days ago: Cormac Stark relocated from The Brotherhood of Malice to Equilism.
- 12 days ago: Cormac Stark changed its national nation type to "Equilism Senator".
- 12 days ago: Cormac Stark altered its national flag.
- 13 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked #1 in the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 19 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 21 days ago: Cormac Stark's influence in The Brotherhood of Malice fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".