The Insert Witty Pretitle Here of Cormac Stark is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cormac Stark with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.544 billion Cormonkeys enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cormacville. The average income tax rate is 93.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Cormonkey economy, worth 434 trillion crucicrescents a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 66,332 crucicrescents, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and the poor are often seen pale and dizzy after selling their blood to make ends meet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cormac Stark's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 5 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 10 days ago: Cormac Stark relocated from The Rejected Realms to Equilism.
- 13 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 14 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 15 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Cormac Stark fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 17 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 19 days ago: Cormac Stark fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 19 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 20 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).