“Χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά (Naught Without Labor)”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Equilism Senator of Cormac Stark is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Cormac Somerset with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.198 billion Cormonkeys enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cormacville. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
People can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks, a government program is underway to revitalize Cormac Stark's beaches, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown. Cormac Stark's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the crucicrescent.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 16 days ago: Cormac Stark fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 26 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 30 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 39 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 40 days ago: Cormac Stark fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 65 days ago: Cormac Stark altered its national flag.
- 65 days ago: Cormac Stark changed its national capital to "Cormacville".
- 65 days ago: Cormac Stark changed its national demonym to "Cormonkey" and its demonym adjective to "Cormonkey".
- 74 days ago: Cormac Stark fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 76 days ago: Cormac Stark was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.