The Republic of Corinthina is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Maria Lopez with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The hard-working, democratic population of 8.515 billion Corinthinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Social Policy, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Luxembourg. The average income tax rate is 8.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corinthinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,153 trillion Bullions a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 135,511 Bullions, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Coalition governments are essential to passing new laws, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and an IT mega-corporation has a patent pending on the rectangle. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Corinthina's national animal is the Brown bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 40 days ago
- 11 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Corinthina was endorsed by The College Application Jamboree of Yao.
- 23 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Corinthina was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 26 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 31 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 32 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 38 days ago: Corinthina fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 40 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).