“E pluribus unum”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Corinthina is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Maria Lopez with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.003 billion Corinthinans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Equality, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Luxembourg. The average income tax rate is 59%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Corinthina's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, re-education centers are being added to most prisons, and clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. Corinthina's national animal is the Brown bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the Bullion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Corinthina was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 8 days ago: Corinthina fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 19 days ago: Corinthina was endorsed by The Democratic State of Ezelis.
- 23 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 23 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 30 days ago: Corinthina fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 43 days ago: Corinthina was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in Corinthina, clowns are being rounded up and admitted to mental institutions.
- 47 days ago: Following new legislation in Corinthina, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.