“We strive towards the stars”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: 10000 Islands
The Commonwealth of Coreras is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Iain Banks with an even hand, and notable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.961 billion Corerasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Remuera. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
A weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Coreras's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 5 days ago: Coreras was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mirani.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- 12 days ago: Coreras endorsed The Dictatorship of Zabbar.
- 14 days ago: Coreras was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Zabbar.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, anti-government web sites are springing up.
Endorsements Received: 90 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Earth Federation, Nubpryton, Slaytania, Tzo, Spagatine states of Potato, Dustwind, Lebenlauf, Randomain, The Soylent Green Party, Invictus, Steidenland, Seranis, Anollasia, Rex Republic, Laan, Snoozing Buffalax, Hacame, Hawalius, Arnor and Gondor-, United Governments of Newrope, Chronopolice, Mystiquelle, Wisdomseekers, Wolfco, Athenian League, Achiotopia, United Stochacist States, Zachais, Lahuland, Iontan, Royal Hindus, No Hope, Freres La Cote, Onarii, Cuiken, Gitchie Manito, Christian Indonesia, Testa, Taiyouji, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Kelvinski, The Separatist Land of RM, Beiluxia, Grungerock, Lanza del relampago, Screaming Saint, Mandanian, The Isle of Tol Eressea, and 40 others.Zybex, Great-Bohemia, Asgard the Home of Thor, Tree City, Enhydra Lutris, FreeGunsForAll, Markanite, Hasurei, LARF, Mursilis, Aipotu Ruo, Zyrcrestia, Dycion, Nojia, Zaqaz Death, Jamestonian Empire, Goat Horns, Erinyes Alecto, Czechoslovachia, Puerto Barrio, Spncrgmn, Zafalla, Pavaro, The United Island Tribes, Anfuhrer, Anime Banana, Korbinas, Palman, Richecstan, Northern Arcadian Empire, Wysrod, Baduaoia, Maltesers, New Hodgepodge, Blogotopia, Fogaler, Namabia, Beckmanostan, Thomason, and Zabbar.