The Commonwealth of Coreras is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Iain Banks with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 14.412 billion Corerasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Education, with Healthcare and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bristol. The average income tax rate is 52.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corerasian economy, worth a remarkable 3,244 trillion Marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 225,128 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, conspiracy theorists allege Bristol's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols, and protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime is totally unknown. Coreras's national animal is the Wyvern, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, conspiracy theorists allege Bristol's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards.
- : Coreras endorsed The Republic of Wulikole Ber.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept.
- : Coreras voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, vitriolic divorce proceedings have become prime-time television.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, extreme political groups are outlawed.
Endorsements Received: 108 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Earth Federation, Slaytania, Tzo, Dustwind, Lebenlauf, The Soylent Green Party, Seranis, Rex Republic, Snoozing Buffalax, Hacame, United Governments of Newrope, Mystiquelle, Achiotopia, Iontan, Onarii, Testa, Kelvinski, The Separatist Land of RM, Beiluxia, Grungerock, FreeGunsForAll, Zyrcrestia, Zaqaz Death, Puerto Barrio, Spncrgmn, Anfuhrer, Blogotopia, Bullintine, Osea Island, Denly, Fiodiya, Weaubleau, Kokkinostan, The United Dog Days Providence, Natickc, Manlinesslavia, Wysrod, Zeklandia, The Republic of lkxciv, Dimensionals, Cardini, Lamborghini Murcielago, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, A Death Arena, Palman, Tariland, Aedue, Wailfolk, and 58 others.Perzische Keizer, Leirkra, Siuts, Iluuz, Oom, De Danann, Imbria, Colonel Terrosit, Seantonia, The State of Walrus Devotion, Campo de la Paz, HN67, The Republic of The Sith, Khon, Free Mississippiland, Folanos, Nightfang, Creta Islands, The Exclave Of Chernoclav, Chip Skylark, Spiritbw, Kyrizstanislav, Myopic, Rabbitomia, Phrados, Anollasia, Grimlandia, Kobomania, The Dwemmer, Nubpryton, Incorporated Bern, Creeptopia, DunNaGall, Boltor, Paragone, Grand Vesta, Icifica, Soldaten des Hippokrates, Gentletopia, Fahistan, Venkorata, NorthernMassachusetts, LiberationVille, Plakiena, PMR, North North Western Brina, Kleynst, The Scottish Highlands and Lowlands, Europe Inc, Mannche, 123topia, Better Indonesia, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Agenosa, Hazah, Edorask, Brasilia, and Those against abusers.