The Commonwealth of Coreras is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Iain Banks with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 13.999 billion Corerasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Healthcare and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bristol. The average income tax rate is 38.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corerasian economy, worth a remarkable 3,067 trillion Marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 219,114 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Moonshine has made a resurgence, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords, the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities, and annual Formula One races bring the capital to a screeching halt. Crime is totally unknown. Coreras's national animal is the Wyvern, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Coreras was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates and Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, annual Formula One races bring the capital to a screeching halt.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the rich tend their gardens inside gated urban farming communities.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, moonshine has made a resurgence.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Corerasian Space Agency.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, shops were recently ransacked as cigarettes returned to the shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Coreras, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- : Coreras was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 116 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Earth Federation, Slaytania, Tzo, Dustwind, Lebenlauf, The Soylent Green Party, Seranis, Rex Republic, Snoozing Buffalax, Hacame, United Governments of Newrope, Mystiquelle, Achiotopia, Zachais, Iontan, Onarii, Testa, Kelvinski, The Separatist Land of RM, Beiluxia, Grungerock, FreeGunsForAll, Zyrcrestia, Zaqaz Death, Puerto Barrio, Spncrgmn, Pavaro, Anfuhrer, Blogotopia, The Iron Crown Order, Bullintine, Osea Island, Denly, Fiodiya, Weaubleau, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Kokkinostan, The United Dog Days Providence, Natickc, Manlinesslavia, Wysrod, Zeklandia, The Republic of lkxciv, Dimensionals, AmericaIS THE BEST, JCVega, The Kalmaray Technocracy, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, Cardini, and 66 others.Lamborghini Murcielago, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, A Death Arena, Palman, Lady of the light, Empire of united Turkic states, Germanic and Jewish people, Tariland, Oisinistan, Aedue, Wailfolk, Hellazar, Perzische Keizer, Leirkra, Digatoria, Carthosha, Siuts, Iluuz, Oom, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Dopiax, De Danann, Imbria, Puzzlement Pizza, Candlewhisper Archive, Colonel Terrosit, Louisistan, Seantonia, The State of Walrus Devotion, Breax Scait, Campo de la Paz, HN67, The Republic of The Sith, Sovereign Republic of Welm, Khon, Free Mississippiland, Folanos, Nightfang, Sofa Class, Creta Islands, Cesaris, The Exclave Of Chernoclav, Chip Skylark, Lupus Bellum, Spiritbw, Kyrizstanislav, Myopic, Rabbitomia, Doltharos, Phrados, Anollasia, Grimlandia, Gunzerlander, Korean United States, Militanis, Kobomania, The Dwemmer, Nubpryton, Incorporated Bern, Creeptopia, DunNaGall, Boltor, Paragone, Grand Vesta, and Icifica.