“We strive towards the stars”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: 10000 Islands
The Commonwealth of Coreras is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Iain Banks with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.22 billion Corerasians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Remuera. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
A fashion designer has been arrested for inciting hatred after claiming redheads couldn't pull off vermillion, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Coreras's many privately-owned prisons, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Coreras's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: Coreras was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Coreras, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Coreras's many privately-owned prisons.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Coreras voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Coreras endorsed The Kingdom of Pavaro.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Coreras endorsed The Empire of Exoverse.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Coreras endorsed The Most Serene Republic of North Southumberland.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Coreras endorsed The People's Republic of 104 Banbury Road.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Coreras endorsed The Cerulean Empire of Enhydra Lutris.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Dendor, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Earth Federation, Nubpryton, Slaytania, Tzo, Spagatine states of Potato, Voltzenkrad, Benevolent Thomas, Dustwind, Future of Mankind, Lebenlauf, Tyraina, Randomain, Transeuratia, Fulheim, The Soylent Green Party, Invictus, Steidenland, Rojikstan, Seranis, Anollasia, Rex Republic, Laan, Snoozing Buffalax, Spadanera, Chief of Music, Hacame, Hawalius, Hayden Island, Arnor and Gondor-, United Governments of Newrope, Chronopolice, Mystiquelle, Morbid Mothmen Of Malibu, Wisdomseekers, Wolfco, Athenian League, Achiotopia, United Stochacist States, Zachais, Daves most Amazing Nation To Ever Nation, Eust, Lahuland, Iontan, Kokkinostan, Royal Hindus, No Hope, Holy Bee, Freres La Cote, and 29 others.Onarii, Christopolas, Cuiken, Musashi Ariadust, Gitchie Manito, Christian Indonesia, Testa, Taiyouji, Aeneasia, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Kelvinski, Avoxlia, Lysandrion, Thraceam, The Separatist Land of RM, The Bear Pits, Beiluxia, Tinbo, Skiles Empire, Grungerock, Lanza del relampago, Screaming Saint, Scow Creek, Mandanian, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Ganda1f, Barrarabia, and Ninabi.