“Fire And Blood”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Empire of Oceania
The Kingdom of Corak is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by King Corak Targaryen I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, cynical population of 1.48 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Meereen. The average income tax rate is 96%. A robust private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, nudity is frowned upon, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Corak's national animal is the Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Targaryenism, and its currency is the Coraki Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, nudity is frowned upon.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Corak was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Corak voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Corak was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Corak, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.
Endorsements Received: None.