“From Each According to Our Needs”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Always Happy People of Communist Winnipeg is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Joe Zuken with an even hand, and remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate population of 14.806 billion Communist Winnipegers are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Suffragette City. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The nation's gigantic air force is both respected and feared, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, graffiti graces every city's streets, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Communist Winnipeg's national animal is the red bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Zuken.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 20 hours ago
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Communist Winnipeg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Communist Winnipeg, gambling is outlawed.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Communist Winnipeg, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 7 days ago: Communist Winnipeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 7 days ago: Communist Winnipeg was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 10 days ago: Communist Winnipeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 13 days ago: Communist Winnipeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 14 days ago: Communist Winnipeg changed its national demonym to "Communist Winnipeger" and its demonym adjective to "Communist Winnipeger".
- 26 days ago: Communist Winnipeg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 1%).
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Communist Winnipeg, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
Endorsements Received: None.