“From Each According to Our Needs”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Always Happy People of Communist Winnipeg is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Joe Zuken with an even hand, and remarkable for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate population of 15.177 billion Communist Winnipegers enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Suffragette City. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Suffragette City spends billions upgrading public transport, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling", tourists are kicked out if they express interest in their national sport, and all guns must be registered. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Communist Winnipeg's national animal is the red bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Zuken.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Communist Winnipeg lodged a message on the Manitoba Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Communist Winnipeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 5 days ago: Communist Winnipeg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 6 days ago: Communist Winnipeg's influence in Manitoba fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Communist Winnipeg, all guns must be registered.
- 7 days ago: Communist Winnipeg lodged a message on the Manitoba Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Communist Winnipeg lodged a message on the Manitoba Regional Message Board.
- 10 days ago: Communist Winnipeg lost WA Delegate status in Manitoba.
- 11 days ago: Communist Winnipeg updated the World Factbook entry in Manitoba.
- 11 days ago: Communist Winnipeg unsuppressed a post on the Manitoba regional message board.
Endorsements Received: None.