The Always Happy People of Communist Winnipeg is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Joe Zuken with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 16.261 billion Communist Winnipegers are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Suffragette City. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Communist Winnipeger economy, worth a remarkable 2,463 trillion Zukens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 151,490 Zukens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, Communist Winnipeg is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, and the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Communist Winnipeg's national animal is the red bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 7 days ago: Communist Winnipeg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 11 days ago: Communist Winnipeg was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Communist Winnipeg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forever Fields".
- 25 days ago: Communist Winnipeg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 26 days ago: Communist Winnipeg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
- 26 days ago: Communist Winnipeg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Testing Safety"".
- 27 days ago: Communist Winnipeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Communist Winnipeg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 29 days ago: Communist Winnipeg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Wartime Looting and Pillage".
- 31 days ago: Communist Winnipeg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
Endorsements Received: None.