The Rejected Lands of Cocaine factory island is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by the winner of a weekly lottery with a fair hand, and notable for its lack of airports, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.578 billion Cocaine factory islandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of weiner town. The average income tax rate is 9.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cocaine factory islandian economy, worth 899 trillion Dongs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 48,399 Dongs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Cocaine factory island's national animal is the crab, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cocaine factory island was endorsed by The Incorrigible Vice of Guy.
- : Cocaine factory island was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- : Cocaine factory island was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Cocaine factory island was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Cocaine factory island applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Cocaine factory island relocated from Balder to The Rejected Realms.
- : Cocaine factory island was refounded in Balder.
- : Cocaine factory island ceased to exist.
- : Cocaine factory island was endorsed by The Federal Inclusive Democracy of Gylippus.
- : Cocaine factory island was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Guy.