The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, hatred of cheese, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 28.523 billion CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment, Law & Order, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. The average income tax rate is 1.3%.
The all-consuming CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 7,425 trillion arcade tokens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. Average income is an amazing 260,316 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's image rights are the strictest in the world, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, breast milk lattes are the newest fad among hip urbanites, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CLU's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : CLU's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed.
- : CLU's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : CLU's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Incomes and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : CLU was refounded in Balder.
- : CLU ceased to exist.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.