“If it doesn't use electricity, what is it good for?”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.12 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.
Mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, the government is avowedly atheist, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the arcade token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 3 days 4 hours ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in CLU, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 6 days ago: CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 6 days ago: CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".
- 8 days ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: CLU was endorsed by The Federation of Black Copters.