The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.133 billion CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 7,112 trillion arcade tokens a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 262,120 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, trade is bringing a wide selection of strange resources and technologies into CLU although importers have the highest mortality rate in the nation (CLU has found 2 easter eggs), 90% of active duty CAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones, and corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned. Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 1%).
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned.
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 1%).
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
Endorsements Received: None.