The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and notable for its digital currency, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.948 billion CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Environment and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 7,068 trillion arcade tokens a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 262,319 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, trade is bringing a wide selection of strange resources and technologies into CLU although importers have the highest mortality rate in the nation (CLU has found 2 easter eggs), and 90% of active duty CAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones. Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 1%).
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : CLU fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- : CLU fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, 90% of active duty CAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones.
- : CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Transport"".
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: None.