The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 29.247 billion CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Environment, Law & Order, and Defense are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. The average income tax rate is 1.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 7,636 trillion arcade tokens a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an amazing 261,118 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, retired racing grid bugs are served truffles for breakfast, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries, and royalist is the most offensive slur in the CLUian language. Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in CLU, royalist is the most offensive slur in the CLUian language.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Suicide Seeds".
- : CLU lodged a message on the Discordia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, teenage male videogamers often suffer repetitive strain wrist injuries.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, retired racing grid bugs are served truffles for breakfast.
- : Following new legislation in CLU, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
- : CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks"".
- : CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Environmental Warfare Act".
Endorsements Received: None.