The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, digital currency, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.775 billion CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, although Environment and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. Income tax is unheard of.
The powerhouse CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 7,026 trillion arcade tokens a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 262,431 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
The minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, trade is bringing a wide selection of strange resources and technologies into CLU although importers have the highest mortality rate in the nation (CLU has found 2 easter eggs), and 90% of active duty CAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones. Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 8 days ago: CLU fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 15 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, 90% of active duty CAF personnel have been laid off and replaced by robot kill-drones.
- 19 days ago: CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Transport"".
- 27 days ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 42 days ago: CLU lost WA Delegate status in Discordia.
- 45 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 50 days ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 55 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.