The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.572 billion CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Environment and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. Income tax is unheard of.
The powerhouse CLUian economy, worth a remarkable 6,949 trillion arcade tokens a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 261,516 arcade tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.5 times as much as the poorest.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and trade is bringing a wide selection of strange resources and technologies into CLU although importers have the highest mortality rate in the nation (CLU has found 2 easter eggs). Crime is totally unknown. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 8 hours ago
- 10 days ago: CLU lost WA Delegate status in Discordia.
- 14 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 19 days ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 24 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- 32 days ago: CLU fell out of the world Top 1% for Safest.
- 32 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 32 days ago: CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn the Pacific".
- 40 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 45 days ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 45 days ago: CLU fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.