“If it doesn't use electricity, what is it good for?”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 19.061 billion, 18.375 billion of whom are zombies, CLUians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. The average income tax rate is 35%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, and foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the arcade token.
CLU is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 2.71%
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 14 hours ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".
- 2 days 3 hours ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: CLU fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 1%).
- 15 days ago: CLU fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 17 days ago: CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
- 18 days ago: CLU seized the position of Discordia WA Delegate from The Crumbling Remnant of Godnixia.