“If it doesn't use electricity, what is it good for?”
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Empire of CLU is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Erisson I Hastur with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 23.899 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of CLU CLU Land. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.
Most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists, Grid bug is one of the most popular forenames in CLU, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. CLU's national animal is the grid bug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the arcade token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 13 hours ago
- 1 day 17 hours ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 17 hours ago: CLU was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in CLU, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in CLU, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: CLU voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 3 days 13 hours ago: CLU voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, Grid bug is one of the most popular forenames in CLU.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, most governmental positions are filled by zealous nationalists.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in CLU, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 7 days ago: CLU updated the World Factbook entry in Discordia.