“a.k.a. Mr. Clobtastic”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Clobtastic Nation of Clobby is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Clobby with an iron fist, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.52 billion Clobbyians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Colby. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 76%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, the adult unemployment rate nears 100% as all available jobs have been filled by young children, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products, and manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Clobby's national animal is the Cobbler, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Clobbytheism, and its currency is the Cobblestone.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 2 days ago: Clobby's influence in Techartica fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 9 days ago: Clobby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 10 days ago: Clobby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 12 days ago: Clobby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 13 days ago: Clobby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 16 days ago: Clobby was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 17 days ago: Clobby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 18 days ago: Clobby's influence in Techartica rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 18 days ago: Clobby was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 1%).
- 25 days ago: Clobby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.