“Koty Są Lepsze”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Kingdom of Cleo and Topaz is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by HM Cleo and HM Topaz with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, smutty television, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, devout population of 9.796 billion Topazites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brwoopt. The average income tax rate is 81.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Cleo and Topazian economy, worth 654 trillion Furs a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,774 Furs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Loans are available for students from poor families, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine, the government is reining in public spending, and travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cleo and Topaz's national animal is the Gray Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Reform Felineism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 5 hours ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Cleo and Topaz voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Mountains to the East"".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Cleo and Topaz voted for the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 8 days ago: Cleo and Topaz fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Cleo and Topaz was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Cleo and Topaz, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Cleo and Topaz, the government is reining in public spending.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Cleo and Topaz, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Cleo and Topaz, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 32 days ago: Cleo and Topaz was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative.
- 45 days ago: Cleo and Topaz was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".