“I byde thy time”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: British Isles
The Kingdom of ClaytonThereby is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Clayton with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate population of 1.762 billion are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Claymetropolis. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, a government program is underway to revitalize ClaytonThereby's beaches, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons, and houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. ClaytonThereby's national animal is the Monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Jarvinias.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: ClaytonThereby fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: ClaytonThereby voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in ClaytonThereby, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 10 days ago: ClaytonThereby voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in ClaytonThereby, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in ClaytonThereby, a government program is underway to revitalize ClaytonThereby's beaches.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in ClaytonThereby, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in ClaytonThereby, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'.
- 16 days ago: ClaytonThereby voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".
- 17 days ago: ClaytonThereby was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 40 (Keronika, Birdmania, Twenty-First Century Rome, Great Britain-Ireland-Italy, Hollowed Victorious, Linusia, The United Caribbean Kingdom, The Republic of Mattlandia, Anansi Place, The Dictatorship of Dystopia, West Angelina, ChinaDuck, Freezerland, SEVERISTAN, Yugoslavia1, Futunia, Ziland, Frilonia, A saor tuath, Vjarkia, Aridiaa, Phynoma, United Federation of Countries, Diamonte, United Nationalist Republic, Beatlemaniacs, BritianiaAmerica, Across, Comnacia, MCALS, Saloucia, JAKE LAND ZERO, Idriana, Tuzenor, Forlini and its Dominion, The Carruthers Industries, Aerstorn, Outdoorsmen and Rednecks, Juernsey, Saint Jacqueline)