The Star Concordiat of Clairmont is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Centurion Julius Alexander with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 25.121 billion Clairmontians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Birhat. The average income tax rate is 1.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Clairmontian economy, worth a remarkable 6,978 trillion credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an amazing 277,808 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Clairmont Blood Tithe, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Birhat Times is sold out, and the nation is now proudly cholera-free. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Clairmont's national animal is the ripper, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 12 hours ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 6 days ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 9 days ago: Clairmont fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Clairmont, the nation is now proudly cholera-free.
- 11 days ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 12 days ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 14 days ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 15 days ago: Clairmont was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.