“The sword and the shield are made of the same steel”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Democratic Federation of Civa-Orchestra is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Lord-Protector Byron Bracchus with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.346 billion Civans are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Commerce, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Civalen-Orchus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
Only the brainiest citizens become academics, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and citizens must pay to enjoy Civa-Orchestra's pristine beaches. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Civa-Orchestra's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Agnosticism, and its currency is the Orchai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Civa-Orchestra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Civa-Orchestra was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Civa-Orchestra changed its national demonym to "Civan" and its demonym adjective to "Civan".
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Civa-Orchestra was refounded in Osiris.
- 34 days ago: Civa-Orchestra ceased to exist.
- 36 days ago: Civa-Orchestra fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 44 days ago: Civa-Orchestra was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 44 days ago: Civa-Orchestra's influence in Mirare fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 46 days ago: Civa-Orchestra was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 53 days ago: Civa-Orchestra was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).