The Grand Duchy of Citzzagez is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Salvor Hardin with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 13.791 billion Citzzagezians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trantor. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Citzzagezian economy, worth a remarkable 2,446 trillion Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 177,383 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Most citizens in Citzzagez are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people', and the government subsidizes everything from particle physics to fabric softeners. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Citzzagez's national animal is the Cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Citzzagez fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Citzzagez fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Citzzagez was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.