“Today We Kneel Only To Truth.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Armed Republic of Citiga is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.954 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Citiga City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Tourism.
Surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink, children are raised bilingual from an early age, and anti-government web sites are springing up. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Citiga's national animal is the Karkian, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the tern.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 4 days ago: Citiga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: Citiga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Citiga was endorsed by The United Duchies of Dazamanillia.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Citiga, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Citiga, children are raised bilingual from an early age.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Citiga, 'Mountain Doobie' is widely regarded as the nation's favourite drink.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Citiga, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Citiga, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 10 days ago: Citiga voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".
- 10 days ago: Citiga voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
Endorsements Received: 18 » Drakomagic, The Floodcity, Sarotte, Marcellinople, Aigania, Kitty Terrorists, Hyperbolic Orbit, Trackeendy, Fortytipper, Lamborghini Murcielago, Loftegen, Ecchi Unlimited, The Greater Aristony, Knights Almeria, Stujenske, Kazmr, Funkadelia, and Dazamanillia.