|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Kingdom of Cill Airne is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by James Beaumont with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 5.073 billion Cill Airiochin have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winchester. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, prison visits increase substantially during election years, and parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cill Airne's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Church of Cill Airne, and its currency is the Sovereign.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 6 minutes ago: Cill Airne fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 3 days ago: Cill Airne fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 5 days ago: Cill Airne fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 5 days ago: Cill Airne fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 8 days ago: Cill Airne fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 10 days ago: Cill Airne was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Cill Airne fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 40 days ago: Cill Airne was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 50 days ago: Cill Airne was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 65 days ago: Cill Airne was ranked #1 in the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).