The Zone Green Dominion of Chronotopia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord President Salyavin with an iron fist, and renowned for its closed borders, compulsory military service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 26.639 billion Chronotopiens are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aion Megopolis. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Chronotopian economy, worth an astonishing 10,958 trillion Capitols a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an amazing 411,355 Capitols, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,951,750 per year while the poor average 51,163, a ratio of 38.1 to 1.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', organ donation is compulsory, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Chronotopia's national animal is the Shebogum, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Tempusism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chronotopia, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Chronotopia, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Chronotopia, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Chronotopia, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : Chronotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Chronotopia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Chronotopia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Chronotopia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Chronotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- : Chronotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 10%).