“Unity in Diversity”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: 10000 Islands
The Republic of Christian Indonesia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nathanael Octavianus with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.5 billion Christian Indonesians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jakarta. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Christian Indonesia's national animal is the Komodo Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Christian, and its currency is the Rupiah.
Christian Indonesia is ranked 40th in 10000 Islands and 1,574th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,489.25 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Christian Indonesia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Christian Indonesia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Christian Indonesia, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Port-du-sud, Dustwind, FreeGunsForAll, Tzo, Chronopolice, Blogotopia, Seranis, Hayden Island, Achiotopia, Grungerock, Randomain, Robloxica, Osea Island, Phrados, Lahuland, Tinbo, Kokkinostan, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Onarii, Jamestonian Empire, Earth Federation, Rex Republic, Ellaria, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Future of Mankind, Northern Koryeo, Puerto Barrio, Quantraint, Thomason, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Silvermain, United Kingdom of Fluff, Kelvinski, The imperial state of Japan, Chief of Music, Wolfhunters, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Anollasia, Dendor, Slaytania, Nubpryton, Mystiquelle, Gitchie Manito, Rojikstan, Republic Of Sindria, Coreras, Aeneasia, Strenuus, and 20 others.United Governments of Newrope, Lost Islands of Pantagon, SOAD Music, Testa, Badass Badassery, Skiles Empire, Lysandrion, United Order, Beiluxia, Spncrgmn, The Bear Pits, The Soylent Green Party, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Ganda1f, Asgard the Home of Thor, Anime Daisuki, Czechoslovachia, Markanite, LARF, and Snoozing Buffalax.