The Most Holy and Grand Empire of Christian Democrats is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by His Holiness Pope Francis with an even hand, and notable for its triple-decker prams, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 14.299 billion Christian Democrats have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Christian Democratic economy, worth a remarkable 3,185 trillion νόμισμαs a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 222,773 νόμισμαs, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Atheists are heavily taxed, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, well-off serial killers write monthly checks to avoid jail time, and those found guilty of illicit affairs are jailed. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Christian Democrats's national animal is the lamb, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Christian Democrats was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Christian Democrats fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Christian Democrats was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Christian Democrats was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Christian Democrats approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Omigodtheykilledkenny".
- : Christian Democrats voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Explosive Remnants of War".
- : Christian Democrats lodged a message on the Catholic Regional Message Board.
- : Christian Democrats voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Clean Energy".
- : Christian Democrats fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Christian Democrats fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Atrus, Osbalstium, Flomany, Amaranthine Asphodel, Frustrated Franciscans, Lost Tales, Carlvonhapsburglund, Belique, Uraniborg, Chiapas and Soconusco, Darzsa, and The Papal Federation.