“Imagination Rules The World”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Commonwealth Empire of Chiolena is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Constantius IV with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.808 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chioganah City. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Chiolena has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, all guns must be registered, all streets are privately owned toll roads, and the Chiolena Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chiolena's national animal is the coyote, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the khanic.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 11 hours ago
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Chiolena was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Turukelia.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chiolena, the Chiolena Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chiolena, all streets are privately owned toll roads.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Chiolena endorsed The Federal Republic of Turukelia.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Chiolena voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Chiolena, all guns must be registered.
- 5 days ago: Chiolena voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 7 days ago: Chiolena was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Chiolena, Chiolena has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Chiolena, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Jenesia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Short shorts, Alsted, Saconian, Ascara, Lexembourg, Nou Occitania, Puerto Thelosia, Kroinengin, Stromia, Kaiserusse, Beauvoir, Voxum Mortalum, Fenian Provinces, Shadeius, Silberia, The Armed Socialist Workers Syndicate, Mameluco, Castanos, Capricania, Malacovia, The City-State of Vienna, Drenetharada, Kureimoa, Sybaritic Socialists, Ivernia, Linkisheer, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Nuweland, Toongoosia, The Seven Provinces, Veeten Engines, Echo von Cotta, Nova Prutenia, Venetoland, Marmotien, Multatuli, Albertinum, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Marmiedon, Viertes German Reich, Kirito, Gr4nd3nia, Grasaland, Keris, Wienaa, Scorjthaal, Faery Land, Hamstery, and 28 others.Greater Konigsberg, Jon4de85, Outer Prussia, Bylantia, Foucaults garden, Santamio, Domanouq, Tigyland, Pesaro and Urbino, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Each-Uisge, Empire og Kirgizia, Vanbrugh, Roman Provinces, Hamland, Monance, Vestrland, An Clar, Bohamian Empire, Tuadhmhumhain, The Empire of Great Britain and America, Jovan Balac, Great British Isles and Ireland, Zeckland, Vest Franksland, Lothairia, Naraevia, and Turukelia.