|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Laughing Sunrise Characters of Chinese Regions is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Admiral Yang Wen-Li with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 9.3 billion Chinese People hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. The average income tax rate is 10%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Book Publishing and Tourism.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Chinese Regions's national animal is the Kawaii Panda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Jedi 勇者, and its currency is the Yuan.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Chinese Regions was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Chinese Regions was endorsed by The Republic of Lanling.
- 14 days ago: Chinese Regions was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Chinese Regions lodged a message on the Asia Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Chinese Regions changed its national demonym to "Chinese Person", its demonym adjective to "Chinese", and its demonym plural to "Chinese People".
- 19 days ago: Chinese Regions altered its national flag.
- 26 days ago: Chinese Regions was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 28 days ago: Chinese Regions was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Chinese Regions fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 46 days ago: Following new legislation in Chinese Regions, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.