“In Celebration of Peace”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Global Right Alliance
The New United Realm of Chin-Chillas is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 18.419 billion Chin-Chillasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paix. The average income tax rate is 76%. A very small private sector is dominated by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry.
All guns must be registered, the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children. Crime is relatively low. Chin-Chillas's national animal is the Deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Sancturian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 5 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: Chin-Chillas's influence in Global Right Alliance rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 27 days ago: Chin-Chillas was endorsed by The Republic of Darktronis.
- 29 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 31 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 33 days ago: Chin-Chillas was endorsed by The Prosperous Kingdom of Najuristan.
- 41 days ago: Chin-Chillas endorsed The Prosperous Kingdom of Najuristan.
- 54 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 56 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 58 days ago: Chin-Chillas fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.