“In Celebration of Peace”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Global Right Alliance
The New United Realm of Chin-Chillas is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 18.092 billion Chin-Chillasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paix. The average income tax rate is 76%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry.
All guns must be registered, the space program has been scrapped in order to focus on more terrestrial pursuits, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, and orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children. Crime is relatively low. Chin-Chillas's national animal is the Deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Sancturian.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Chin-Chillas fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 4 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 11 days ago: Chin-Chillas was endorsed by The Sovereign Liberties of Soverties.
- 17 days ago: Chin-Chillas's influence in Global Right Alliance rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 28 days ago: Chin-Chillas fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 28 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 30 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 31 days ago: Chin-Chillas was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.