“Veritas vos Liberabit”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Assembly of Sovereign Nations
The Commonwealth of Chimaea is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Governor Tanya Bryce with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.556 billion Chimaeans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Sydney. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Automobile Manufacturing.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, military spending recently hit a new high, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chimaea's national animal is the Elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Sil.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 36 days ago: Chimaea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Chimaea, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Chimaea, long arduous trials are held for the most trivial of offences.
- 38 days ago: Chimaea lodged a message on the The Assembly of Sovereign Nations Regional Message Board.
- 41 days ago: Chimaea fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Chimaea, military spending recently hit a new high.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Chimaea, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Chimaea, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Chimaea, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- 42 days ago: Chimaea lodged a message on the The Assembly of Sovereign Nations Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Bessaria.