The Renmin Minzhu Zhuanzheng of ChiCon is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Chiconian People's Party with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 18.402 billion ChiConians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zhongnanhai. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient ChiConian economy, worth a remarkable 3,743 trillion yuan a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 203,452 yuan, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,260,276 per year while the poor average 14,170, a ratio of 88.9 to 1.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, new urban roads are threatening city parks, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. ChiCon's national animal is the panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the ChiConian Little Red Book.
ChiCon is ranked 1st in China and 3,447th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 558 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ChiCon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : ChiCon's influence in China rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : ChiCon relocated from Asia to China.
- : ChiCon resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, new urban roads are threatening city parks.