The Renmin Minzhu Zhuanzheng of ChiCon is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by the Chiconian People's Party with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, enslaved workforce, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 19.413 billion ChiConians enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Welfare and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zhongnanhai. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient ChiConian economy, worth a remarkable 3,964 trillion yuan a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 204,221 yuan, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,265,041 per year while the poor average 14,224, a ratio of 88.9 to 1.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies, military spending recently hit a new high, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. ChiCon's national animal is the panda, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the ChiConian Little Red Book.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : ChiCon was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : ChiCon fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : ChiCon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : ChiCon fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, military spending recently hit a new high.
- : Following new legislation in ChiCon, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies.
- : The Cultural-Civilization of Zhong Hua Min Zu appointed ChiCon as Councillor with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in China.
- : The Nomadic Peoples of Frianihirleno dismissed ChiCon as State Councillor of China.