“We Remember, We Regret, We Rebuild.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Transcended Plane
The Confederated City-States of Chetkosk is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chancellor Bogdan Mikhailovich with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 6.344 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Berlinengrad. The average income tax rate is 84%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining, Tourism, and Gambling industries.
School uniforms are compulsory, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and the military struggles with recruitment. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chetkosk's national animal is the Tundra Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Slavic Orthodox, and its currency is the Chetmark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 23 days ago: Chetkosk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 41 days ago: Chetkosk fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 48 days ago: Chetkosk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 70 days ago: Following new legislation in Chetkosk, the military struggles with recruitment.
- 70 days ago: Following new legislation in Chetkosk, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 74 days ago: Chetkosk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 75 days ago: Chetkosk changed its national leader to "Chancellor Bogdan Mikhailovich".
- 82 days ago: Chetkosk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 85 days ago: Following new legislation in Chetkosk, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 87 days ago: Chetkosk's influence in The Transcended Plane rose from "Minnow" to "Hermit".