The Lovingkindness of Chesednia is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.762 billion Chesednians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Spirituality, although Environment, Education, and Welfare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chesednia City. The average income tax rate is 89.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Chesednian economy, worth 177 trillion shillings a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,227 shillings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Businesses are scrambling to adapt to the government's mandate that 'time and measurement no longer exist', Chesednia's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, military barracks resemble five-star hotels, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chesednia's national animal is the fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Judaism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 22 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Chesednia was refounded in Balder.
- 2 years 35 days ago: Chesednia ceased to exist.
- 2 years 37 days ago: Chesednia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 years 40 days ago: Chesednia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 2 years 41 days ago: Chesednia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 2 years 59 days ago: Chesednia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 years 65 days ago: Chesednia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 2 years 74 days ago: Chesednia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 2 years 90 days ago: Chesednia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 2 years 93 days ago: Chesednia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.