The Federated States of Chequizia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Edward with a fair hand, and remarkable for its conspicuous electricity pylons, ritual sacrifices, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.999 billion Chequizians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baltimore. The average income tax rate is 6.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Chequizian economy, worth a remarkable 1,559 trillion Cheques a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 194,965 Cheques, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, suburban backyards are seized by the government and turned into national parks, anti-government web sites are springing up, and political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations. Crime is totally unknown. Chequizia's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chequizia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Chequizia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Most Inclusive and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Chequizia's influence in The Furry Federation rose from "Nipper" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Chequizia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Chequizia relocated from Balder to The Furry Federation.
- : Chequizia was refounded in Balder.
- : Chequizia ceased to exist.
- : Chequizia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Chequizia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies, Largest Publishing Industry, Largest Cheese Export Sector, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Chequizia's influence in The Furry Federation rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".