Regional Influence: Power
The Mind of Charlotte Ryberg is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by a good democracy with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 15.16 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marousi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 2%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Charlotte Ryberg's national animal is the Little owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the tala.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Charlotte Ryberg was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Charlotte Ryberg created a new poll in Funen: "Who on earth still uses Windows XP?".
- 4 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg lodged a message on the Funen Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg proposed constructing embassies between Funen and Tofuline.
- 5 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 6 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg lodged a message on the Funen Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg agreed to construct embassies between Funen and The Illuminati.
- 8 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 8 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- 11 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg agreed to construct embassies between Funen and Creo Novus.