|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
The Mind of Charlotte Ryberg is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by a good democracy with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 16.31 billion Minoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marousi. The average income tax rate is 7%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, religious education is a new government priority, anti-government web sites are springing up, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Charlotte Ryberg's national animal is the Little owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the tala.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Charlotte Ryberg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Charlotte Ryberg, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Charlotte Ryberg proposed constructing embassies between Funen and The South.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Charlotte Ryberg fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 8 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 12 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 13 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg updated the World Factbook entry in Funen.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Charlotte Ryberg, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 29 days ago: Following new legislation in Charlotte Ryberg, religious education is a new government priority.
- 30 days ago: Charlotte Ryberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.