The King of Charles Cerebella is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 11.552 billion Charles Cerebellans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bowerstone. The average income tax rate is 75.7%.
The strong Charles Cerebellan economy, worth 604 trillion Sterlings a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Woodchip Exports, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 52,345 Sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Charles Cerebella's radio stations, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and streakers swamp all public events in order to bare it all. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Charles Cerebella's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Charles Cerebella's influence in Albion rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Charles Cerebella relocated from Osiris to Albion.
- : Charles Cerebella was refounded in Osiris.
- : Charles Cerebella ceased to exist.
- : Charles Cerebella was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans and Most Cultured.
- : Charles Cerebella was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Charles Cerebella was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Charles Cerebella was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Charles Cerebella was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Charles Cerebella was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments, Largest Welfare Programs, Largest Populations, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.