“Rydym A Men am ddim”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Duchy of Channelview is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Duchess Hermione with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 16.58 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Channelview. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 55%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The welfare administrations new sweeping authority has forced the poor and needy to shop from pre-approved grocery lists, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, and Channelview has been greatly criticised for its isolationist policies. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Channelview's national animal is the Gulf Shrimp, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Arcadetoken.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 16 hours ago
- 12 days ago: Channelview voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Land of the Liberals"".
- 12 days ago: Channelview voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Competition Law"".
- 13 days ago: Channelview was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 17 days ago: Channelview voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Outer Space Peace Act".
- 18 days ago: Channelview was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Channelview voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Hippostania"".
- 21 days ago: Channelview was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 21 days ago: Channelview voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Physical Sites Protection Act"".
- 22 days ago: Channelview voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Aglrinia".
- 22 days ago: Channelview voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"".