The United Socialist States of Chaego is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The Great Leader Kim Hyung-Jun with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 7.387 billion Chaegoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyungyang. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Chaegoan economy, worth 114 trillion Wons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 15,553 Wons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, euthanasia is legal, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chaego's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Juche Ideology.
Chaego is ranked 152nd in North Korea and 129,242nd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -299 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, euthanasia is legal.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, Chaegoans have been enjoying a recent boost in civil rights as the government continues to clamp down on emigration.
- : Chaego was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: #1).
- : Chaego lodged a message on the North Korea Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
Endorsements Received: None.