The United Socialist States of Chaego is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by The Great Leader Kim Hyung-Jun with an even hand, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, humorless population of 9.892 billion Chaegans are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyungyang. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Chaegoan economy, worth 546 trillion Won a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 55,292 Won, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The native owl population is in permanent hibernation, all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves, and the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chaego's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Juche Ideology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chaego was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Chaego was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary and Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Chaego was endorsed by The LRSS Chancellor-in-Exile of Kavamkao.
- : Chaego was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, all judiciary cases are decided in the court of public opinion.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, the native owl population is in permanent hibernation.
- : Following new legislation in Chaego, young adults are stepping outside for the first time in ages after video games were recently banned.
- : Chaego was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Authoritarian Democracy".