“Let us work together to build a prosperous future!”
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Internationale
The United Socialist States of Chaego is a massive, safe nation, ruled by The Great Leader Kim Hyung-Jun with an even hand, and remarkable for its parental licensing program. Its compassionate population of 3.587 billion are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hyungyang. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, and all guns must be registered. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chaego's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The Juche Ideology, and its currency is the Won.
Most Recent Government Activity: 32 minutes ago
- 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chaego, all guns must be registered.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chaego, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chaego, recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Chaego was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Authoritarian Democracy".
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chaego, schools have extensive counseling programs for troubled students.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Chaego, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Chaego endorsed The Camarada de Siempre of Misley.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Chaego relocated from The International to The Internationale.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Chaego voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Chaego's influence in The International rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
Endorsements Received: None.