“Plenty through knowledge, freedom through marxism”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.303 billion Central Slavians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Central Slavian economy, worth a remarkable 1,875 trillion toliars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 165,897 toliars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up, bizarre-looking creatures called 'lynxdogs' dominate wildlife preserves, Nové Partizánske is a police state during international summits, and police officers ride the swiftest lynxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 6 hours ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 8 days ago: Central Slavia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 17 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 20 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 20 days ago: Central Slavia's influence in Slavija rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 25 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 29 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 43 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 1%).
- 43 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
Endorsements Received: None.