“Plenty through knowledge, freedom through marxism”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 10.174 billion Central Slavians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, children spout "Plenty through knowledge, freedom through marxism" involuntarily throughout the day, and immigrant herding has become a national pastime. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is atheism, and its currency is the toliar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 25 days ago: Central Slavia's influence in Slavya rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 25 days ago: Central Slavia altered its national flag.
- 28 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 38 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 40 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: #1).
- 43 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 45 days ago: Central Slavia lodged a message on the Slavya Regional Message Board.
- 48 days ago: Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 55 days ago: Central Slavia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.