The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 13.135 billion Central Slavians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The income tax rate is 100.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Central Slavian economy, worth a remarkable 2,173 trillion toliars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 165,485 toliars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Central Slavia is ranked 5th in Slavija and 8,935th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 319 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- : Central Slavia's influence in Slavija fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- : The Crimean Republic of Natalia Poklonskaya appointed Central Slavia as Office of Dat Darn Commie with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Slavija.
- : Central Slavia's influence in Slavija rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
Endorsements Received: None.