The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, anti-smoking policies, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 14.913 billion Central Slavians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Central Slavian economy, worth a remarkable 2,470 trillion toliars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 165,663 toliars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, an increasingly villainous series of sports coaches are demanding the national mascot's true identity, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, and extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Central Slavia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Safest and the Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments and Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Central Slavia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Central Slavia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Central Slavia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Central Slavia altered its national flag.
- : Central Slavia was refounded in Balder.
- : Central Slavia ceased to exist.