The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, state-planned economy, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.208 billion Central Slavians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The average income tax rate is 99.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Central Slavian economy, worth a remarkable 2,016 trillion toliars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 165,154 toliars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New religious sects are squashed immediately by the government, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Central Slavia is ranked 4th in Slavija and 8,660th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 306 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: Central Slavia was endorsed by The Perfect Utopian Society of Luksusowa.
- 16 hours ago: Central Slavia lost the position of Slavija WA Delegate to The Armed Republic of Saint Cyril Figgis.
- 16 hours ago: Central Slavia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Elegant Thomas.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Central Slavia's influence in Slavija rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 6 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 7 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 7 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 9 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Central Slavia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 15 days ago: Central Slavia's influence in Slavija rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".