The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.396 billion Central Slavians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Central Slavian economy, worth a remarkable 2,048 trillion toliars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 165,246 toliars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New religious sects are squashed immediately by the government, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- : Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Central Slavia's influence in Slavija rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Central Slavia was endorsed by The Republic of Vasil Levski.
- : Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 1%).
- : Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.