The Socialist Republic of Central Slavia is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Generalissimus Igor Plevňák with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, smutty television, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.812 billion Central Slavians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nové Partizánske. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Central Slavian economy, worth a remarkable 1,943 trillion toliars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 164,555 toliars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New religious sects are squashed immediately by the government, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Slavia's national animal is the lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 10 days ago: Central Slavia's influence in Slavija rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 17 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: Central Slavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 26 days ago: Central Slavia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 30 days ago: Central Slavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 31 days ago: Central Slavia was endorsed by The Fascist Roman Imperium of The imperial canadian dutchy.
- 32 days ago: Central Slavia lost the endorsement of The Liberal Socialist Juggernaut of Bolshevikstan.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The imperial canadian dutchy.