“Freedom, For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The United Socialist States of Central Russia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Alexander Malashenko with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.859 billion Central Russians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Central Russian economy, worth 663 trillion Russian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 96,739 Russian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Central Russia successfully hosted the 10000 Islands Olympics, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in 10000 Islands, and army rations are served on silver platters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 8 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 21 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 23 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 70 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 95 days ago: Central Russia altered its national flag.
- 104 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 129 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 136 days ago: Central Russia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 136 days ago: Central Russia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 152 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.