The United Socialist States of Central Russia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Alexander Malashenko with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cynical population of 7.284 billion Central Russians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Central Russian economy, worth 704 trillion Russian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 96,739 Russian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Central Russia successfully hosted the Osiris Olympics, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Osiris, and army rations are served on silver platters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 11 days ago: Central Russia was refounded in Osiris.
- 22 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.
- 42 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 50 days ago: Central Russia relocated from Osiris to 10000 Islands.
- 50 days ago: Central Russia was refounded in Osiris.
- 85 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.
- 92 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 99 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 111 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 126 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.