“Freedom, For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The United Socialist States of Central Russia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Alexander Malashenko with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, cynical population of 3.293 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
Military spending is on the increase, the government spends millions of Russian Dollars every year prosecuting spammers, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and Central Russia successfully hosted the 10000 Islands Olympics. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Russian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 8 hours ago
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Central Russia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Central Russia was refounded.
- 26 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.
- 32 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 41 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 41 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 48 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 48 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 59 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 72 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).