The United Soviet States of Central Russia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sergei Vakhrushev with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 9.313 billion Ruskans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Central Ruskan economy, worth 901 trillion Ruskan Soviet Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 96,791 Ruskan Soviet Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in 10000 Islands, army rations are served on silver platters, police wait behind troop deployments in order to shoot deserters, and Sergei Vakhrushev claims to be the epitome of family values. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Central Russia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport and Most Pacifist.
- : Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Central Russia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Central Russia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 5% for Most Developed, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, Largest Welfare Programs, and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- : Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.