“Freedom, For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The United Socialist States of Central Russia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Alexander Malashenko with an even hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.072 billion Central Russians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
Central Russia successfully hosted the 10000 Islands Olympics, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in 10000 Islands, and army rations are served on silver platters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Russian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 6 hours ago
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Central Russia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Central Russia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 19 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.
- 26 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 28 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 33 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 57 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 94 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 124 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 137 days ago: Following new legislation in Central Russia, army rations are served on silver platters.