“Freedom, For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The United Socialist States of Central Russia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Alexander Malashenko with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, cynical population of 5.267 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 92%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, Central Russia successfully hosted the 10000 Islands Olympics, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, and the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in 10000 Islands. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Russian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 32 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces.
- 33 days ago: Following new legislation in Central Russia, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in 10000 Islands.
- 79 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 85 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 85 days ago: Central Russia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 85 days ago: Central Russia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 89 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.
- 98 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 117 days ago: Central Russia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 117 days ago: Central Russia altered its national flag.