“Freedom, For The People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The United Socialist States of Central Russia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Alexander Malashenko with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.622 billion Central Russians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernyshevka. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
Central Russia successfully hosted the 10000 Islands Olympics, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging, the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in 10000 Islands, and army rations are served on silver platters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Central Russia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Russian Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 30 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 55 days ago: Central Russia altered its national flag.
- 64 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 89 days ago: Central Russia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 96 days ago: Central Russia relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- 96 days ago: Central Russia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 112 days ago: Central Russia ceased to exist.
- 119 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 121 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 126 days ago: Central Russia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.