“I Fyny Fo'r Nod - Aim for the Highest”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Social Liberal Union
The Order of the Dove and Rose of Cemaes is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Colius with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.77 billion Cemaesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Loveston. The average income tax rate is 85%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Cemaes has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Cemaes's national animal is the Puffin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Shire.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 19 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Cemaes lodged a message on the Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Cemaes relocated from Osiris to Social Liberal Union.
- 6 days ago: Cemaes was refounded in Osiris.
- 67 days ago: Cemaes ceased to exist.
- 69 days ago: Cemaes fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 70 days ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 84 days ago: Cemaes fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 84 days ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 86 days ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 88 days ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).