The Order of the Dove and Rose of Cemaes is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Colius with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.181 billion Cemaesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Loveston. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cemaesian economy, worth 532 trillion Shires a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,088 Shires, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cemaes has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cemaes's national animal is the Puffin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cemaes fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Cemaes fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Cemaes lodged a message on the Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
- : Cemaes relocated from Balder to Social Liberal Union.
- : Cemaes was refounded in Balder.
- : Cemaes ceased to exist.
- : Cemaes was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Cemaes fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- : Cemaes was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Cemaes fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.