The Order of the Dove and Rose of Cemaes is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Colius with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.057 billion Cemaesians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Loveston. The average income tax rate is 86.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Cemaesian economy, worth 521 trillion Shires a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 86,088 Shires, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cemaes has one of the largest offshore wind farms in the world, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, and voting is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cemaes's national animal is the Puffin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 11 days ago: Cemaes fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 12 days ago: Cemaes fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 13 days ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 21 days ago: Cemaes was refounded in Lazarus.
- 157 days ago: Cemaes ceased to exist.
- 159 days ago: Cemaes was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 175 days ago: Cemaes fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 177 days ago: Cemaes was struck by a Cure Missile from The Zombie Cure Coordinator of United Democracy of Scientists, curing 1 million infected.
- 177 days ago: Cemaes was struck by a Cure Missile from The Principality of Gaetinn Ey, curing 1 million infected.