“Asia for Celestria”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Disputed Territories of Celestrian Asia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, cynical population of 2.459 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. The average income tax rate is 45%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The government has the power to seize property at will, women who display their ankles are shunned by society, the government is cracking down on subversive groups, and the Dragon is a protected species. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Celestrian Asia's national animal is the Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Celestrian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Celestrian Asia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Celestrian Asia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 8 days ago: Celestrian Asia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 13 days ago: Celestrian Asia relocated from Osiris to Celestria.
- 13 days ago: Celestrian Asia was refounded.
- 24 days ago: Celestrian Asia ceased to exist.
- 131 days ago: Celestrian Asia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 140 days ago: Celestrian Asia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 144 days ago: Celestrian Asia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 167 days ago: Celestrian Asia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.