“Friendship Is Victory”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Angels of Derp
The Democratic Geniocracy of Ceffyltir is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Bon Bon with a fair hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.88 billion Tirans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glidewing. The average income tax rate is 3%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
It is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and public nudity is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown. Ceffyltir's national animal is the drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Harmonism, and its currency is the bit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 103 minutes ago
- 16 hours ago: Ceffyltir was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, public nudity is compulsory.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 8 days ago: Ceffyltir updated the World Factbook entry in Angels of Derp.
- 9 days ago: Ceffyltir fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- 11 days ago: Ceffyltir was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Ceffyltir was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 5%).
- 17 days ago: Ceffyltir altered its national flag.