The Democratic Geniocracy of Ceffyltir is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by First Chairpony Octavia Melody with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 6.445 billion Tirans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is dominated by the Department of Education, although Social Policy and Environment are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Titan. The average income tax rate is 8.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Tiran economy, worth 910 trillion bits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 141,288 bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists outnumber citizens two to one, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, refugees from other nations are flocking to Ceffyltir's border, and the nation's leader appoints ministers directly. Crime is totally unknown. Ceffyltir's national animal is the drake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Harmonism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 99 minutes ago: Ceffyltir was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 99 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, the nation's leader appoints ministers directly.
- 4 days ago: Ceffyltir updated the World Factbook entry in Angels of Derp.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, refugees from other nations are flocking to Ceffyltir's border.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- 9 days ago: Ceffyltir agreed to construct embassies between Angels of Derp and The Commonwealth of Independent Nations.
- 12 days ago: Ceffyltir fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, citizens may cast their vote over the internet or phone.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Ceffyltir, politicians have to be granted day-release from prison to speak on bills.