“Paz, Justícia y Libertad”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by HRH Prince Felipe de Borbón with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 7.75 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miramonte. The average income tax rate is 84%. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, school uniforms are compulsory, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catalpha's national animal is the Spanish Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Occitan Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Catalpha fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Catalpha's influence in Occitania fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 16 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 24 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Germany.