“Paz, Justícia y Libertad”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by HRH Prince Felipe de Borbón with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 8.913 billion Catalphans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miramonte. The average income tax rate is 84%. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, school uniforms are compulsory, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catalpha's national animal is the Spanish Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Occitan Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 4 hours ago
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Germany.
- 14 days ago: Catalpha agreed to construct embassies between Occitania and European Free Alliance.
- 20 days ago: Catalpha fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 25 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 27 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Catalpha fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Germany.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Japan.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha removed The Royal Democratic Federation of Bade-Wurttenburg from the regional ban list in Occitania.