“Paz, Justícia y Libertad”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by HRH Prince Felipe de Borbón with an even hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.676 billion Catalphans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miramonte. The average income tax rate is 89.8%.
The sizeable but stagnant Catalphan economy, worth 57.8 trillion Occitan Euros a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 5,974 Occitan Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, school uniforms are compulsory, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catalpha's national animal is the Spanish Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Catalpha is ranked 3rd in Occitania and 7,936th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 519.25 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 17 hours ago
- 5 days ago: Catalpha's influence in Occitania fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 5 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Catalpha's influence in Occitania rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 15 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 18 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Catalpha fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 36 days ago: Catalpha fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 38 days ago: Catalpha agreed to construct embassies between Occitania and The Atlas Union.
- 43 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 43 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.