The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by HRH Prince Felipe de Borbón with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 9.891 billion Catalphans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miramonte. The average income tax rate is 89.8%.
The sizeable but stagnant Catalphan economy, worth 59.1 trillion Occitan Euros a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 5,974 Occitan Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, school uniforms are compulsory, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catalpha's national animal is the Spanish Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Catalpha agreed to construct embassies between Occitania and NewBasqueCountry.
- 14 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Catalpha agreed to construct embassies between Occitania and The united monarchist front.
- 20 days ago: Catalpha's influence in Occitania fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 21 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Saudi Arabia.
- 21 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Russia.
- 21 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Mexico.
- 21 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and United Kingdom.
- 21 days ago: Catalpha's influence in Occitania rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 23 days ago: Catalpha fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.