“Paz, Justícia y Libertad”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Gran Marca Espanola of Catalpha is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by HRH Prince Felipe de Borbón with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 9.113 billion Catalphans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Miramonte. The average income tax rate is 84%. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, school uniforms are compulsory, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catalpha's national animal is the Spanish Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Occitan Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 10 days ago: Catalpha banned The Most Serene Catholic Empire of Eustrevia from Occitania.
- 20 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.
- 20 days ago: Catalpha agreed to construct embassies between Occitania and Lapland.
- 26 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 28 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Catalpha was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and Brazil.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha proposed constructing embassies between Occitania and United Kingdom.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha updated the World Factbook entry in Occitania.
- 31 days ago: Catalpha lodged a message on the Occitania Regional Message Board.