“To Serve and Protect. To rule Fairly and Justly”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Principality of Castanos is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.786 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carano. The average income tax rate is 70%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology industries.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Castanos's national animal is the Lemurian, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Hean.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Castanos was endorsed by The United Islands of Zeckland.
- 15 days ago: Castanos was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Great British Isles and Ireland.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 24 days ago: Castanos fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 29 days ago: Castanos was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Temistocles.
- 35 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 35 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, airport security is provided by private companies.
Endorsements Received: 45 » Jenesia, Alsted, Stromia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Short shorts, Ascara, Saconian, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Marmotien, Venetoland, Sybaritic Socialists, Mameluco, Kaiserusse, Drenetharada, Ivernia, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Vest Franksland, Greater Konigsberg, Bylantia, Dauershire, Foucaults garden, Pileusia, Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum, Pesaro and Urbino, Novo Portugal, Vanbrugh, Monance, Domanouq, The City-State of Vienna, An Clar, Stato Mentale di Monza e Brianza II, Outer Prussia, Temistocles, Great British Isles and Ireland, and Zeckland.