“To Serve and Protect. To rule Fairly and Justly”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Principality of Castanos is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 5.226 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carano. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing industries.
Hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Castanos's many privately-owned prisons, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Castanos's national animal is the Lemurian, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Hean.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 10 hours ago: Castanos was endorsed by The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 10 days ago: Castanos was endorsed by The Republic of Pesaro and Urbino.
- 13 days ago: Castanos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 16 days ago: Castanos was endorsed by The Republic of Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum.
- 17 days ago: Castanos was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Castanos, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Castanos's many privately-owned prisons.
- 17 days ago: Castanos endorsed The Republic of Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Jenesia, Alsted, Stromia, Eurosceptic Citizens, Voxum Mortalum, Nou Occitania, Lexembourg, Short shorts, Ascara, Saconian, Beauvoir, Chiolena, Marmotien, Venetoland, Primarchite, Sybaritic Socialists, Mameluco, Kaiserusse, Drenetharada, The Kingdom of Germania, Ivernia, Toongoosia, Echo von Cotta, The Seven Provinces, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Keris, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Albertinum, Vest Franksland, Imadistan, Greater Konigsberg, New Brussland, Bylantia, Dauershire, Strajalands, Foucaults garden, Pileusia, Ulpia Noviomagus Batavorum, Pesaro and Urbino, and Ancient Dacia.