“Equality is Freedom”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Versutian Federation
The Republic of Casm is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Justus Marn with an even hand, and renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The hard-nosed population of 8.552 billion Casmons are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chesm. The average income tax rate is 23%, but much higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
Major cities are suffering under water rationing, Chesm spends billions upgrading public transport, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Casm's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is non-existent, and its currency is the Casman.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 15 hours ago: Casm was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 hours ago: Casm fell out of the regional Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 6 days ago: Casm fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 8 days ago: Casm was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Casm, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Casm, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Casm, Chesm spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 10 days ago: Casm voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 14 days ago: Casm fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Casm, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Deluxa.