“And where chaos reigned, we brought order, perfection.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Authority of Casl is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mission Director Hayun with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.144 billion Caslites enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 45%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Casl's national animal is the Asun, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Vol.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Casl was endorsed by The Ancient Soul of NTO-08.
- 14 days ago: Casl endorsed The Republic of Anroka.
- 15 days ago: Casl lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 15 days ago: Casl voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 15 days ago: Casl changed its national demonym to "Caslite".
- 16 days ago: Casl was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Casl lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 26 days ago: Casl fell out of the world Top 10% for Fattest Citizens.
- 28 days ago: Casl lodged a message on the Stargate Regional Message Board.
- 29 days ago: Casl's influence in Stargate fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".