“Una canción desesperada”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Machu Picchu
The Santuario of Casa Atahualpa is a gargantuan, devout nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.241 billion Casa Atahualpans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 24%. A large private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, the military struggles with recruitment, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and euthanasia is legal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Casa Atahualpa's national animal is the conejo, and its currency is the hoja.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 5 days ago: Casa Atahualpa's influence in Machu Picchu rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 12 days ago: Casa Atahualpa altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: Casa Atahualpa relocated from Lazarus to Machu Picchu.
- 12 days ago: Casa Atahualpa was refounded in Lazarus.
- 14 days ago: Casa Atahualpa ceased to exist.
- 42 days ago: Casa Atahualpa altered its national flag.
- 42 days ago: Casa Atahualpa relocated from Osiris to Machu Picchu.
- 42 days ago: Casa Atahualpa was refounded in Osiris.
- 45 days ago: Casa Atahualpa ceased to exist.
- 67 days ago: Casa Atahualpa's influence in Machu Picchu fell from "Superpower" to "Eminence Grise".